Ayurveda has been in our culture for over 3000 years. Miraculously, ayurvedic medicine has proven to be effective in many situations, even for people who have rejected modern-day medicines. Keeping that in mind, many people suffering from PCOD or PCOS choose ayurvedic treatment to get better.
Active Ayu Life Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD in Delhi has become quite famous. Let us take a look at the different ways considered by Ayurveda to treat PCOS/PCOD.
What is PCOD or PCOS?
Polycystic Ovarian Disorder or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder that affects women of menstrual and reproductive age. It is characterized by an increase in the levels of male hormones or androgens, leading to several issues like irregular periods, excess body hair, mental health issues like depression, anxiety, broad shoulders, and even absence of ovulation leading to infertility.
What causes PCOS?
Well, medically the origins of PCOS are yet to be found. However, Dr. Ruchi Bhardwaj is doctor have confirmed that there is an important role played by genetics in the origin of PCOS. This means you are more likely to have PCOS if it is there in your genes (if your mother, aunt, sister, or anyone in the family has it).
Change in hormones causes various symptoms in PCOS:
● Increased testosterone in the body causes several symptoms of PCOD like more facial hair.
● PCOD might make the body reject insulin. This causes insulin resistance in the body, often leading to obesity and infertility. This is a major reason why PCOS might make ovulation stop.
● If you are diagnosed with PCOS you are more likely to develop diabetes in the later stage of your life.
How does PCOD affect ovulation?
In people without PCOD, their normal menstrual cycle leads to ovulation. Here, several eggs mature in the follicles of your ovaries. The ripest egg is then released into one of your fallopian tubes and if there is any presence of sperms, the sperm, and the egg meet to form a zygote. This is the entire process of conception of pregnancy.
However, when you have polycystic ovarian disorder, the follicles are not able to mature properly, as a result, the eggs cannot be released. This process is called anovulation. A lot of times, women are unable to find that they have PCOD unless they try to conceive. Especially, if they have been taking contraceptive pills, it masks the irregularities in periods, allowing monthly bleed, which makes everything look normal.
How can Ayurveda help treat PCOS?
In Ayurveda, PCOS is treatment Active Ayu Life with the help of a combination of different herbs, changes in lifestyle including diet and exercise, and therapies. Even though the treatment is not fully-proof, it has helped many women to get their PCOS in control.
Here are some herbs used in Ayurveda that helps with PCOD:
● Ashwagandha – it is Indian ginseng or winter cherry. This herb balances cortisol levels releasing stress and reducing PCOD symptoms. It is also considered the best Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS in India.
● Cinnamon – Cinnamon helps with insulin resistance, helping reduce certain symptoms of PCOS and regulate the normal menstrual cycle
● Turmeric – It is an anti-inflammatory element that helps with insulin resistance
The diet for PCOS include
● Lesser intake of saturated fats
● Less consumption of salt
● More fruits, and vegetables
● More whole grains, and a reduction in carbohydrates. Avoid refined sugars and artificial sweeteners.
Ayurveda Treatment for PCOS/PCOD in India
With the growing success of Ayurveda, many ayurvedic chambers have been developed in India. If you search, “Ayurvedic doctor for PCOS near me”, you are most likely to find many in Delhi. You will find many shops of Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS/PCOD in Vikaspuri.
While some of these methods have proven to be beneficial for many women across the country, you are suggested to consult with your doctor before making any big lifestyle changes. 3 in every 5 women suffer from PCOS and it is high time to be more aware of it. These were some reasons why you are not ovulating due to PCOS and how Ayurveda might be able to help you.
Why online consultation?
In this pandemic time avoid to visit clinic and go outside until & unless it is not